- St. John’s Episcopal offers this fellowship time every Sunday. Following the 10:00 service, the congregation, children and visitors gather for fellowship, food and conversation at 11:00 am in the parish hall. The coffee hour is dependent on volunteers and there is a sign up for each Sunday.
- Who are the Sophia Sisters? They are all of St. John’s churchwomen, including you! Come join this exciting and inspiring group to learn more about ‘woman wisdom’. We will be using a reflective instructional book, Bible Women: All their Words and Why They Matter, recently published by the Forward Movement.
- We also provide service through Backpack Buddies, Note in the Pocket, lunch for Habitat for Humanity workers, women’s hygienic supplies for Triangle Area Ministries, managing St. John’s lending library in order to increase use and circulation, and other church or community efforts.
- Finally, our monthly meetings provide an excellent opportunity to find easy fellowship with other women. The meetings begin at 10:00 in the parish hall and usually last about two hours. For now, we meet on the second Saturday of the month, September through June, excluding December. If interested in attending and/or in ordering the book, please contact St. John’s office for the coordinator’s information.
- This is a group of adults who meet at each other’s homes for a monthly dinner. There are typically four couples in each group and singles are welcome as well. A commitment to host is one option, or a single or couple may be placed on an ”alternate” list to be invited to any of the monthly groups. We meet for four dinners; September, October, November and January, then re-mix the random groups for February, March, April and May. Each couple (or single) hosts once in the fall and once in the spring. The objective is to enjoy each other’s company, so you don’t have to be a gourmet chef! Come join us. For questions, contact St. John’s office for the coordinator’s information.